- MP Select Mini V2 (with 10 Ohm stepper motors)
- Malyan M200 (with 10 Ohm stepper motors)
- ProFab Mini (with 10 Ohm stepper motors)
- Prima Creator P120 (with 10 Ohm stepper motors)
- SpiderMaker (with 10 Ohm stepper motors)
This is a temporary description for the quiet option of the mainboard replacement for the Select Mini V2. This option is not yet available for the V1. If interested in this for the "Pro"/V3 please contact me.
Here is a Google Photos album with some other videos and a couple pictures that show off the TMC stepper drivers. Some pictures show variable resistors which will not be on the mainboards for the V2 because they are not needed - https://photos.app.goo.gl/1FAuzk2m9J1RqAWP9
Basically it will make the printer much quieter when printing. There fans will be the loudest part of the machine and then maybe a little bearing noise but that will vary from printer to printer.
I cannot and will not claim that swapping the stock A4988 stepper drivers with TMC2208 stepper drivers will make prints come out better or print faster. I will say that this upgrade will make the printer much quieter without loss of quality or speed. No firmware modifications are needed. No hardware changes have to be made by the user to accommodate the upgraded driver. As far as the user is concerned all is the same in regards to hooking up the board and printing with the same slicer settings as used before.
NOTE: The TMC2208 drivers are running in "legacy mode". The TMC2208 will interpolate received step signals to 256 microsteps. UART is not available in legacy mode.
- After placing your order please provide at least one stepper motor model number from either the X, Y, or the extruder. This is to verify that the new mainboard will work with your stepper motors. You may send this information via the contact us page or reply to your order confirmation email.
- If you have a V1 or a V2 with stepper motors other than 10 Ohms you will need the mainboard with variable resistors to allow for making adjustments. https://gigdigit.com/mainboard-mp-select-mini-v1-with-adjustable-stepper-drivers/