Free UPS/FedEx shipping to the 48 contiguous United States*
(Shipping is not available outside the United States.)**
- Monoprice MP Select Mini V1
- Monoprice MP Select Mini V2
Possibly Compatible with:
- Monoprice MP Select Mini Pro/V3***
The build area is 120mm x ~245mm - 255mm****. The main part of the bed is 3 mm thick aluminum with a removable flexible steel build plate held in place by magnets. This will probably require most people to use either a Z spacer or relocate the Z-axis endstop due to the increased thickness. If adding a sheet of glass to the bed then one of the previous two options will most definitely be required. A 3D printed Z-spacer will be included with the extended bed. The included Z-spacer should be enough to get you started if you need to print a Z-spacer more to your liking. The maximum build height will likely be reduced a few millimeters but should remain above 115mm.
An external MOSFET/relay or similar and a separate power supply will be required with either the 12 volt (20+ amp) or 24 volt (15+ amp) option. The MOSFET or power supply will not be included and unfortunately will not be available for purchase through GigDigit.
One drawback to the 24V version is that it requires using an external 24 volt power supply (and external MOSFET) for the bed heater. This means you cannot also power the printer from the same power supply. However you can use the stock 12V power brick to power the printer just as before.
The 12V version will require using an external 12V power supply preferably 20+ amps (and and external MOSFET). The external 12V power supply can power both the bed heater and the printer or only the bed heater and use the stock power brick to power the printer.
- One (1) - 130mm x 290mm x 3mm Magnetic 160 Watt Heated Build Plate/Bed with Silicone Insulated Wiring (8 Neodymium magnets to hold the steel build sheet in place)
- One (1) - Y Carriage
- Two (2) - 130mm x 290mm Removable Semi-Flexible Steel Build Sheet (Not spring steel)
- One (1) - 130mm x 290mm x 3mm Borosilicate Glass
- Four (4) - Binder Clips (for securing glass)
- One (1) - 3D Printer Z-spacer (may be needed due to the added bed thickness)
- Four (4) - M3-0.5 x 20mm Bed Screw
- Four (4) - M3-0.5 x 25mm Bed Screw (use is optional)
- Eight (8) - Cup Washers
- Four (4) - 14mm Silver Bed Springs (just like the stock springs)
- Four (4) - 20mm Yellow Bed Springs (stiffer than the stock springs - use is optional)
- One (1) - Y Axis Belt
- One (1) - Belt Tensioner Spring
- Three (3) - Cable Ties (for securing the belt. Should only need two but an extra is included in case a the first time the belt is installed too loose or too tight.)
- Two (2) - 8mm linear motion smooth rods tapped on each end
- Four (4) - Screws for securing smooth rods to the bed tray
- Braided/Mesh Wire Sleeving
- Cable Ties - Three 4-inch cable/zip ties
- Heat Shrink - Two pieces approximately 1.5 inches each or 1 piece approximately 3 inches
Installation Instructions (or the lack thereof)
Hardware installation is fairly simple. The installation process is pretty much the reverse of the stock bed. The most difficult part is probably the belt tensioning.
A video showing the installation of the bed will probably be made available. If you purchase the bed and it arrives but you are unsure how to proceed then a video of the process will be made.
A wiring diagram will be made available in the next week or two. There is nothing special about the extended bed wiring that is any different from adding an external MOSFET for the Select Mini or most other 3D printers.
* UPS/FedEx shipping to the 48 contiguous United States is included in the price. Most orders will be shipped via UPS ground. At checkout you should be offered the option of "Free Shipping" and "USPS - 48 contiguous United States (Priority Mail)". Please choose the "Free Shipping" option. If you do choose the USPS Priority Mail option please know that UPS or FedEx will be used and you will be issued a refund for the shipping paid. If for some reason you must have the order shipped via USPS please be sure to contact us either before ordering or directly after placing the order to let us know. If you must have the order shipped via USPS then please choose that option at checkout. Free shipping not available to P.O. Boxes, Alaska, or Hawaii. If a P.O. Box is entered into the shipping address then it will delay shipping. The customer will be contacted with a shipping estimate. A shipping address cannot be changed after the order is placed.
** Please do not purchase if the destination is Puerto Rico or other U.S. territories. Shipping to those destinations will not be available for the extended bed at this time.
This product is not available to ship internationally at this time. Please do not purchase if you intend to use a shipping forwarding service. If the destination address appears to be a shipping forwarding service the order will be cancelled. If an order is submitted with a shipping address outside of the United States or to a shipping forwarding service it will be cancelled.
*** To use with the Select Mini Pro/V3, either soldering a couple wires to the mainboard or install two headers on the mainboard since they are missing on most Pro/V3 mainboards. If you are wanting to purchase for the Pro/V3 then it might be a good idea to Contact Us before purchasing to inquire what needs to be done to for the Pro/V3. After purchasing the bed you could send in your mainboard and have the headers installed on the mainboard at no cost. Then the mainboard could be returned in the same package as the extended bed.
**** While testing with six MP Select Mini's/Malyan M200's (two V1's and four V2's) the maximum build length's varied from 245mm - 256mm. Three V1's varied from 252mm - 256mm and three V2's varied from 245mm - 247mm. With all three V2's there was a second set of mounting holes for the Y-axis endstop. After moving the endstop to back to the second set of holes gained an additional 6mm - 7mm on the Y-axis. Moving the endstop makes the nozzle nearer to the front edge of the bed. In the case of the three V2's that were used the nozzle still remained over the build area but it is possible that this may not be true for every V2. Also, it is possible that not all V2's will have the second set of holes to easily relocate the Y-axis endstop.
The use of "Limited Supply" in the product title is not meant to create a sense of urgency. It is meant as heads-up that when the current stock of extended beds sellout they may not return. It has yet to be determined when or if they will be available again.